Thursday, May 06, 2010

Well? Now what?

Rats.  I finally came back here after some years forgotten, and see I can't edit any of this stuff.  Was using this blog mostly to store things I was working on.  CDs aren't so reliable after all, the quality of floppies dropped, and I've had to nuke my HD more than once.  So valuable, valuable works in progress have been lost by the megabyte.  But some's still here, and some of that's still in nasty need of work.

Never have finished the true-life story of shoveling shit and 15-years-piled-up feces out of old Mrs. Doty's house.  Maybe will some time.  It's still fresh in my mind that people in corporate environments behave exactly as the groups of cockroaches did that day.   Nobody could follow the "coincidences" story, too twisty.  Still thinking about it.   

I see a Melissa Ferrick booster linked my story; that's how I re-discovered this blog a couple days back.  Anyway, that was a great night, and in gently shaking her hand, I felt a buzz of holy electricity.  We became hug-pals ever after.  Plus, learned a clever, clever, clever way to use the 'net to make money after all.  But as usual, you have to be really, really, really good at what you do.  Melissa's that way.  A fuggin' fire ant of a performer, if you've ever observed a fire ant trying to kill you single-mandibly.

Hehpsehboah is as strange and lovable as ever.  Have lost touch with her, though.  She and her unusual talents appear to have been hijacked by my least favorite kind of people, new-age enterprisers.  Haven't heard from the Man from Xebos, either.  He said we wouldn't.  Also, I see the Danish Government has yet to return my share of the Jutland Peninsula to me, even though I had Viking ancestors there.

Don't write for a CD of my music, I took my production studio down 2 years ago and have yet to put it back together.   Satisfying to get a fan-letter about "The Yum Yum Tree" not too long ago, though.  It was on the radio 20 years back and I couldn't remember the lyrics, but the fan did.  Not too bad!  I heard they still play it annually in Mendocino County, CA, but "Yum Yum" isn't about marijuana, not in particular.

Am not blogging about movies, I shall leave it to Roger Ebert's new troupe of Far-Flung Correspondents, all of whom are a) lovable b)smart c) better at it than I.  Put your URLs here, guys.  And also, go to

www.rogerebert.com  -- I know his URL is different, but this one werks fer me.

What else by way of self-advertising, for what teleological reason?  Let's see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9mTU-9tFw&feature=related  (4 parts.  My voice was boomy in reality, apparently they turned it down in the mix)

http://www.ebertfest.com/guests.html

That's Roger Ebert's Annual Ebertfest film festival, this year specializing in movies that made THE ENTIRE AUDIENCE CRY.

http://www.colorado.edu/cwa/bios.html?id=83&year=2010

That's the world-famous 62nd Annual Conference on World Affairs.  Smart Experts, Big Fun.
http://www.michaelmirasol.com/flipcritic/2010/05/ebertfest-day-3.html

Michael, foreign film critic.  Helluva guy.  Good chat.

Tell ya what, that Roger Ebert is an even nicer fella in person than he appeared to be on TV.  He gets lots of awards for this and that, but I'm nominating him for "America's Most Lovable Man."

Just this a.m. I broke down and joined Twitter.com, too.  tomdark9, it is.  I think.

So...   onward. XOXOXOX

13 Comments:

Anonymous Wael Khairy said...

Ladies and gentlemen, the great Tom Dark! I wonder what ultimatley drove you to create a blog and a twitter account.

The internet just got more interesting with your presence.

I can already tell that this blog will be a very unpredictable one. I like that.

4:07 PM  
Blogger flipcritic said...

Next thing you know Tom, you'll be having a Twitter account. :D

4:20 PM  
Blogger Tom Dark said...

Wow! 2 comments already!

Correct, gentlemen, a twitter account too, tomdark9. All in a flash this morning. I'll figure out my motives as I go along. Or when my bones have turned to dust, tiny electronic archaeologists may do that for me.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Seongyong Cho said...

... And probably I will also have a Twitter account someday, but not now.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Karri Sriram said...

I'm putting this in myself because Sriram is brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Tom

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Renee said...

Dear Tom Dark,
My friend did a great cover of you're song. Thought you might enjoy the influence you had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-UFEiDEsy0

Also, I just read some of your blog recently and I swear I saw something that said if I write you, you'll send some strange music? But alas I don't see it anymore.

Anyhow, I like you're writing style.

sincerely,
elevenbrains

7:12 PM  
Blogger Tom Dark said...

Renee, he did "Stanley, You are Strange?"

I'll be goddamned. Well make sure he gimme songwriter credit.

"Stanley You are Strange" was one of several novelty tunes I recorded using the same soundtrack and repetitious lyric format. The first was called "Artists Who Suffer." It went "I am an artist, and I must suffer." Another went "Christmas is depressing." Another, "I am a genius, no one understands me."

"Stanley" was a message to a friend of mine. He agreed, he was strange.

Yeah, I had CDs for sale. But I took down my production stuff a couple three years ago and have yet to put it back together, so I haven't got any.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Renee said...

Dear Tom Dark,
Yes, if you happen to watch the video you will see that you are given full credit. You might enjoy his guitar made out of a toilet seat.

Best of luck to you,
elevenbrains

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Tom Dark said...

Watched it last night, Renee. Fine toilet seat guitar, too. Tweeted it, passed it around. Thanks. May it spread.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Greg Salvatore said...

Didn't know you had a blog. Apparently, you didn't, either. ;-) I haven't joined Twitter yet, because I find that I'm already wasting enough time reading other people's blogs (and the number just increased by one), and I know that's not the way my novel will get written or The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath will get read.
So thanks for helping me find something else to take up time that I don't have, Tom. :-D

11:58 PM  
Blogger Tom Dark said...

Thanks, Literary Dreamer! I have it on good authority that there's no hurry getting a novel done just lately anyhow.

3:36 PM  
Anonymous JDay said...

Strongly recommended reading:
"The Master and Margarita' by Mikhail Bulgakov, ASIN: B00ZVKLJP2
be sure to get the translation by Burkin and O'Connor- all others stink.
All East Europeans will love you if you tell them you read this book. Bulgakov, and your extensive knowledge of Andrei Tarkovsky films.
Also, use Bulgakov's life story to STOP YOUR COMPLAINING!!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Tom Dark said...

You are an odd one, JDay.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home